Sunday, October 12, 2008

Digital Images and Imovies


This past week and the week before we have been working with digital images and Imovies, and I have to say that these are my two favorite topics. I love taking pictures and I have been using a digital camera for years. My friends know me as the guy who always has his camera handy and is always taking pictures. I have made many powerpoints for my pictures but have lost interest with the lack of options that it offers. I have always wanted to try other programs but never had the knowledge or the software to do so. I greatly enjoyed getting to learn about and try out Imovie. I do not think I would have been comfortable exploring it on my own outside of class, but it was nice to be able to ask questions and to watch the examples presented by Jeff. I am sure his children do not enjoy being examples, but they were very well done and showed me many different ways that Imovie could be used. I was amazed by of all of the options and effects that can be applied to videos and pictures. I never thought I would be able to do these by myself, but now I feel much more confident in its use and I know of many ways that i could incoporate this into my classroom as opposed to the traditional powerpoint slideshow. Imovies will allow me to do more than I ever have before, and the differences will be obvious. I look forward to further developing and practicing this skill in my future career.

No comments: